Pages

Labels

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Victoria Beckham attended the launch of Giorgio Armani’s New York store


The former Spice Girl – who is the face of Armani’s lingerie collection – stunned guests in a sparkly pink asymmetrical tunic dress and matching satin heels at the opening of the designer’s huge shop on Fifth Avenue.

Speaking at the event, Victoria – who has just showed her latest collection at New York fashion Week – revealed she hoped to one day be as successful as Armani.

She joked: “I have so much respect for Mr. Armani - you know, I can dream!”

Other celebrities who attended the lavish event included Alicia Keys, Leonardo DiCaprio, John Mayer, Josh Hartnett and Liam Neeson.

Alicia was thrilled to be at the event, commenting: “I love Armani’s style. I love his passion. I love how Italian he is. I love that he doesn't speak English. I love the way he makes a woman be a woman.”

The innovative store is housed over three floors and was designed by Doriana and Massimiliano Fuksas.

It is housed in a glass cube, and is expected to expand to include an Armarni restaurant later this year.

Despite the amount of celebrities in attendance, the legendary designer decided against throwing a lavish bash to celebrate the opening – instead donating $1 million to a public schools fund.

0 comments:

Post a Comment